Please sign up for our farm’s newsletter on this website to be notified when we are ready to come back to the markets in 2013!
Markets: We will sell garlic scapes (maybe late May-early June – please sign up for our farm newsletter to be notified when they appear and when we are bringing them to markets – don’t miss their short appearance and availability!) and garlic bulbs, garlic braids, (August-September until sold out) and honey from our hives (when available) at the following farmers’ markets in 2013:
- Ypsilanti Downtown Farmers’ Market, behind Key Bank – Tuesday 2-6 pm
- Ann Arbor Wednesday Evening Farmers’ Market at Kerrytown – 4-8 pm
- Ann Arbor Westside Farmers’ Market at Zingerman’s Roadhouse – Thursday 3-7 pm
- Dixboro Farmers’ Market on the Village Green – Friday 3:30-7:30 pm
- Lunasa (an on-line source for local foods/products) – our products will be selective and the dates for pick-ups at the Washtenaw Food Hub are variable, please check the Lunasa website for up-to-date information.
Special Note: We gladly accept all tokens for food assistance programs. If you are uncertain or have any question about these multiple programs, please ask us. We are growing our food in healthy soil to help create a healthy YOU plus a healthy community.
I think we have been invited to be vendors at nearly every farmers market in SE Michigan. It is difficult to say ‘Thanks, but no thanks”, but we are trying to truly sell ‘local’. The past three years we have easily sold everything we have grown at markets within 12 miles of our farm. We have added Lunasa to our markets in 2013, but no other farmers’ markets.
Chefs, caterers, and local food producers who wish to purchase larger quantities of our garlic scapes or garlic (or arrange for a private tasting at our farm before you purchase) should call Dick (734-649-1654). We can arrange to have your order ready for pick up at a local farmers market, we can deliver to your kitchen (if it is a reasonable drive), or you may pick it up at our farm.
- Delicious Diversity (jams, jellies)
- Farm to Ladle (soups made with local organic ingredients),
- Grange Kitchen & Bar,
- Granny’s Garlic Salt (Old Friends Farm),
- Jolly Pumpkin,
- Magic Bean Café in Saginaw, MI
- Moonwinks Café,
- Nightshade Army Industries (salsas, garlic chili pastes),
- Old Pine Farm (used our dried garlic scapes in their meat rub seasonings)
- The Ravens Club,
- Sandhill Crane Vineyards,
- Village Corner Wine and Specialty Foods,
- Zingerman’s Deli, and
- Zingerman’s Roadhouse.
- Did we forgot to add your establishment? Please send us an email!
2013 Restaurants, Caterers, and Food Producers:
- Arbor Brewing Company (featuring our garlic in September – stay tuned!)
- Bona Sera Café
- Grange Kitchen & Bar
- The Brinery (using our garlic in a 2013 limited-edition product – stay tuned!)
- The Ravens Club
- Tammy’s Tastings
- Village Corner Wine and Specialty Foods
Stay tuned for more news on those new opportunities for us as we sell our green garlic, garlic scapes, and 40+ varieties of organically-grown garlic within our local community, which is our goal and really exciting for us!
- Our policy and practice is to save the best garlic harvested for our own seed stock to plant next year’s crop. Period. Simple. We don’t even eat any of ‘the best’ ourselves. We plant it all for you.
- Next in line will be our 2012 Garlic CSA members. They will have first chance to purchase any of our garlic to plant in their own gardens once we have sorted and set aside our own seed stock.
- Next chance will be given to everyone who receives our Garlic Friends Email newsletter.
- Finally, anyone who buys our garlic at our market stands may also pick out the ‘biggest’ of what is available that day to plant, complete with our planting instructions to take home.
- Our recommendation is to purchase your seed garlic early in the season, not waiting until the last week of September when most of our varieties and large heads of garlic have already sold out.