As of October 31, 2017, we are SOLD OUT of garlic to ship.
2017 Ann Arbor Area Locations: We are currently selling garlic and honey at the following locations:
- Dixboro Farmers’ Market on the Village Green – Closed for 2017 – Thanks for a great year!)
- Argus Farm Stop at 325 W. Liberty in Ann Arbor and also 1200 Packard in Ann Arbor – Indoor farmers’ markets – open daily with free parking. Garlic Sampler Bags, our book Get Going with Great Garlic, and bees’ wax lip balms are currently available at both Argus locations. Our honey is now available at the 1200 Packard Rd. location!! Please ask where they are located in each store!)
- Busch’s Fresh Food Market – at the Green and Plymouth Rd store in NE Ann Arbor. Open daily with free parking. Sold out – we have no more to bring them.
- Moonwinks Café – 5151 Plymouth Rd., Ann Arbor (in the small historic town of Dixboro, 2 miles east of Ann Arbor) – an exclusive bottling of our local honey is available to purchase daily.
Since 2010, we have easily sold everything we have grown at farmers’ markets, retail stores, and to small food vendors in SE Michigan, most being within 12 miles of our farm.
We are your “deep local” certified organic farmers, focused on nourishing the health of our soil and our local community.
- 2017 – As of October 31, we are 100% sold out of garlic to ship.
- Our farm’s policy and practice is to save the best garlic harvested for our own seed stock to plant next year’s crop. Period. Simple. We don’t even eat any of ‘the best’ ourselves. We plant it all for you.
- Our Garlic CSA members have had dedicated times in August ahead of all public sales to come purchase any of our garlic to plant in their own gardens or store for the winter once we have sorted and set aside our own seed stock (i.e., one of the perks of being a CSA member!).
- Planting instructions are available on our website here.
- Hint, Hint!! Our recommendation is to purchase your planting and/or winter eating garlic early during our marketing season, not waiting until the last week of September or October when many if not most of our varieties and large heads of garlic have already sold out.
Chefs, caterers, and local food producers who wish to purchase larger quantities of our garlic (or arrange for a private tasting of multiple garlic varieties at our farm before you purchase) should call Dick (734-649-1654, cell). We can arrange to have your order ready for pick up at a local farmers’ market, we can deliver to your kitchen (if it is a reasonable drive), or you may pick it up at our farm.
We do ask that our farm name, logo, and garlic variety be included on the label or menu board, as we love cross-marketing our win-win-win community collaborations, i.e., our #localfoodcommunity!
PS – We have even done “rush orders” in the past, but, understandably, we do need to charge an extra delivery fee for that service. 🙂
Our green garlic, garlic scapes, garlic, and/or our honey has been purchased by the following food establishments. Many thanks for supporting local farmers!
- Agrarian Adventure‘s annual fund-raiser brunch
- Arbor Brewing Company (featured our garlic in September and October 2013 for their roasted garlic appetizer! They chose Inchelium Red, a variety of delicious garlic selected by Slow Food for their Ark of Taste.)
- Argus Farm Stop
- Ayse’s Turkish Café
- B Bars
- Bona Sera Café
- Brecon Grille in Saline, MI
- Busch’s Fresh Food Market (Green Rd. location in Ann Arbor only during 2017)
- Dancy’s Fancy Butter
- Delicious Diversity (jams, jelly)
- Eat Ann Arbor
- El Harissa Market Café
- Element 112 (Sylvania, OH)
- Fairy Tale Baked Goods
- Farm to Ladle (soups)
- Grange Kitchen & Bar
- Granny’s Garlic Salt (Old Friends Farm)
- Honey Creek Community School
- Jolly Pumpkin
- Juicy Kitchen
- Magic Bean Café in Saginaw, MI
- Mindo Chocolate (A limited edition garlic-chocolate bar – YES! Check Mindo’s website for availability and ordering on-line.)
- Moonwinks Café – Fall 2016, our honey is available for sale here.
- Mother Loaf Breads
- Nightshade Farm Industries (salsas, garlic chili pastes, hot sauces)
- Old Pine Farm (used our dried garlic scapes in their meat rub seasonings)
- Oh Dear Bakery
- Pastry Garden
- Riki Tiki Pies
- Sandhill Crane Vineyards
- Spencer Ann Arbor
- Spicegrrrl (both honey and garlic bulbs for holiday gift baskets)
- Tammy’s Tastings
- The Brinery (first used our garlic in a 2014 limited-edition sauerkraut, which was so wildly popular that they doubled production for 2015, and tripled production in 2016. This seasonal product always sells out!)
- The Lark
- The Ravens Club
- Village Corner Wine and Specialty Foods
- Why Not Pie?
- Ypsi Ale House (Chef Mary used our blue pickled Laba Garlic for their Chinese New Year menu)
- Zingerman’s Deli
- Zingerman’s Roadhouse
- Did we forgot to add your establishment? Please send us an email! (It’s hard for us to keep our website updated during the growing season.)
We love having discussions with area chefs and small food producers within our local community, one more way in which we are “nourishing the health of our local community”, which is our over-arching goal and both fun and rewarding for us.