CSA stands for ‘community supported agriculture’, in which a member is a person or family purchases an annual ‘share’ of a local farm before the growing season begins and then (while sharing the risk with the farmer in term of actual harvest production) receives an array of vegetables (in this case, a wide selection of our garlic varieties and garlic products and honey when available) throughout the season.
Please sign up for our farm’s Email newsletter to receive the first information about the 2016 Garlic Friends CSA sign-up. Info below about our 2015 CSA is subject to change in 2016 after we review our season and feedback from current members.
General info about the 2015 Garlic Friends CSA is below.
- Cost for Level 1 is $100/year or Level 2 is $125/year. You may buy more than one share (yes, some members buy more than one share!)
- Benefits for both Level 1 and 2 include $125 ‘credit’ at our market stands (we will use an old-fashioned ledger book to keep track of your purchases and remaining balance for future purchases)
- Special Note: Level 1 members are requested to volunteer for 4 hours/share during the season.
- You purchase what you wish from us, when you wish with your credit
- Other benefits include availability of green garlic (otherwise only available for chefs to purchase), availability to purchase The Brinery’s wildly popular seasonal Garlic Sauerkraut (made with 3 varieties of our garlic) directly from us, CSA member pricing on our garlic scape U-pick day, CSA family potluck on our farm, CSA member-only time at our annual “Barn Sale”, plus extra love from us and our dog Phoebe.
- Full Description for the 2015 CSA plus instructions for signing up – please download and print a copy for your records: Garlic CSA 2015 Info
- Deadline for 2015 sign-up is April 15, 2015 (later membership is ok but you will miss some of the benefits)
- No limit (cap) for membership in 2015
Please sign up for our farm’s Email newsletter to receive the first information about the 2015 Garlic Friends CSA sign-up.
Our 2015 market schedule for CSA pick-ups:
- Ypsilanti Downtown – Tuesday 3-7 pm (16 S. Washington St., across from the old Smith Furniture Store) – NOTE – new time and location for 2015
- Ann Arbor Westside Market Thursday 3-7 pm (in the parking lot for Zingerman’s Roadhouse)
- Dixboro Market Friday 3-7 pm (on the Dixboro Village Green)
Thank you for re-joining or considering becoming a member of our farm’s Garlic Friends CSA in 2015. We love all of our customers, but our CSA members are our foundation, our backbone, our strength, and so get some extra love.
Please Note: We’re sorry but we do not ship as we just do not have time to do so.
We love being your local garlic farmers AND your garlic friends!