CSA stands for ‘community supported agriculture’, in which a member (a person or family) purchases an annual ‘share’ of a local farm before the growing season begins and, while sharing the risk with the farmer in terms of actual harvest, then receives an array of vegetables (in this case, a wide selection of our garlic varieties and garlic products and honey when available) throughout the season.
Please sign up for our farm’s Email newsletter to receive the first information about the 2017 Garlic Friends CSA sign-up beginning February 1, 2017, deadline for sign-up will be April 1, 2017.
General info about the 2017 Garlic Friends CSA is below (full details are HERE: GarlicCSA2017).
- Cost per share is $100/year. You may buy more than one share. Yes, some members buy more than one share!
- If signing up prior to April 1, 2017, you will receive $110 ‘credit’ on a “farmcard” to purchase anything we sell at our market stands or on the farm (we will keep your card this year and swipe the card on our phone to use your credit as we keep track of your sales and balance).
- No volunteering is requested this year but we (almost) never turn down help.
- You purchase what you wish from us, when you wish with your credit.
- Other benefits include availability of green garlic (otherwise only available for chefs to purchase), availability to purchase The Brinery’s wildly popular seasonal Garlic Sauerkraut (made with 3 varieties of our garlic) directly from us, CSA family potluck on our farm (date TBD), CSA member-only time at our annual “Barn Sale” (date(s) TBD), plus extra love from us and our dog Phoebe.
- Full Description for the 2017 CSA plus instructions for signing up: please download and print a copy for your records: GarlicCSA2017.
- Deadline for 2017 sign-up is April 1, 2017 (firm).
- Membership will be capped at 50 members for 2017 (firm).
Please sign up for our farm’s Email newsletter to receive the first information about the 2017 Garlic Friends CSA sign-up and all on-going information about our farm’s activities (on the farm, at the markets, and around town).
Our 2017 market schedule:
- Dixboro Market Friday 3-7 pm – on the Dixboro Village Green (free parking at the Dixboro United Methodist Church) – we will only be attending occasionally, not weekly.
- Please note. CSA pick up will be at the farm only in 2017 on Saturday (dates still to be determined). This will be a big change for us and our members!
Thank you for re-joining or considering becoming a new member of our farm’s Garlic Friends CSA in 2017. We love all of our customers, but our CSA members are our foundation, our backbone, our strength, and so get some extra love. 🙂
Please Note: We’re sorry, but we do not ship our garlic or honey, as 1) we easily sell everything within 8 miles of our farm, and 2) we just do not have time to do so. Again, we’re sorry, but thanks for understanding.
We love being your local beekeepers, organic farmers, AND your garlic friends!