Make your own – it is SO quick and easy plus so fresh and delicious. We used our own garlic (you could use ours, too!) and our own egg. We use aioli as one of the sauces for our traditional holiday fondue meal and also as a dip or sauce for anything and everything. We are even tempted to eat it with a spoon! If you need (or can spare) the calories, go for it! Yum, yum, yum!
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (the original recipe called for only 1 Tbsp. I thought it called for the juice of 1 lemon, so I accidentally used 2 Tbsp., but it came out fine)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (of course I used 2 and even threw in some roasted garlic cloves I had on hand)
- 1/2 tsp. spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (or mix of olive oil and canola oil – I used olive oil adding just a smidgeon of organic canola oil at the end of the final mixing)
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper to taste (just little bits – don’t overwhelm the fresh clean taste)
- Whirl the egg, lemon juice, garlic, and mustard in a food processor or blender (you need to use something where you can drop in the olive oil)
- With the blender or food processor running at low, drop in the oil very very slowly. Each addition must be fully incorporated before adding more.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put into a glass container, serve immediately or cover and refrigerate. Use within 2 days.