Shaping our future from the ground up.
- Garlic in oil must be refrigerated to avoid botulism.
- Store unpeeled heads of garlic in an open container with air circulation in a cool, dry place away from other foods and the heat or steam from cooking. Do not store in plastic bags.
- Do not refrigerate or freeze unpeeled garlic heads, however, peeled individual garlic cloves may be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Properly stored hard-neck garlic bulbs keep 4-6 mo. Soft-neck bulbs store up to 12 mo.
- Discard any sign of sprouting, bruising, softness, or mold (into garbage, not compost pile).
- Garlic powder should be stored in a cool, dry, dark place.