The Dyer Family Organic Farm (home of Dick’s “Pretty Good!” Garlic) has been featured in several publications, from hometown newspapers to national magazines, even the 2013 Harris’ Farmer’s Almanac 2013 Seasonal Gardening Guide! We are happy to be interviewed for an article and will do our best to accommodate a tight deadline, but understandably, our farm’s own field and market needs are our first priority. Please use contact information provided on the Contact Us page.
Some of the many articles in which Dick or Diana have been interviewed or our farm mentioned:
- Edible WOW - Fall 2010 – Garlic Galore: Dick and Diana Dyer are happy to talk garlic, by Cara Catallo
- Hobby Farms Magazine - September-October 2011 – “The Great Divide: Bridge the Gap” between your city life and your hobby-farm dream with these tips – by Lisa Kivirist (To be honest, I hesitated to consent to this interview because we are not a hobby farm. So the writer emphasized how we were moving from our home to the farm, trying to balance those two parts of our life for two years.)
- Washtenaw Community College - Fall 2010 – article in WCC community newsletter about Dick and Diana Dyer – Dick’s “Pretty Good!” Garlic (new business resulting from completing WCC’s Organic Certification Course)
- AnnArbor.com - (1) Summer 2010 – several articles about our garlic scapes, (2) June 2011 – several articles in AnnArbor.com about our garlic scapes, (3) August 21, 2011 – “Cancer survivor Diana Dyer turned her illness into an advocacy for healthy food, organic gardening“, by Kyle Poplin, (4) 2012 – many articles mentioning our garlic including “Ahead of the competition: Dick’s Pretty Good Garlic grows and sells 40 varieties” in the Business section. (5) “Of Carrots and Creativity in the Local Food Movement”, by Kim Bayer, Nov 27, 2012.
- Concentrate Media – September 26, 2012 – Dick’s Pretty Good Garlic Offers 40 Flavors for Garlic Connoisseurs
- Growing Hope - Fall 2010 – In Our Own Words: Diana and Dick Dyer, Growing Hope’s Annual Report, Ypsilanti, MI
- Today’s Dietitian Magazine – (1) September 2010 – Field of Dreams – by Julieanne Schaeffer, (2) March 2011 – Meet 10 Dietitians Who are Making a Difference, by Maura Keller, (3) Get to Know Diana Dyer, MS, RD – Dietitian-Organic Farmer, July 2012.
- The Ecology Center Ecolink Newsletter May 2012 – Eating Seasonal? Embrace the Fleeting Glory of Garlic Scapes
- Institute for Agriculture & Trade Policy (IATP), ”At Last: Linking Health Care and a Sustainable Food System (A Slide Show)“ – by Melinda and Dan Hemmelgarn
- iSPY Magazine – Raw Garlic Tasting with The Dyer Family Organic Farm – November 15, 2012, and HomeGrown Festival, September 2, 2012
- WLBY radio (Ann Arbor, MI) with Lucy Ann Lance and Larry Eiler – January 15, 2013, discussing garlic growing as a business plus the economic and health contributions of small farms to State and local communities. (link to the audio)
- Harris’ Farmer’s Almanac 2013 Seasonal Gardening Guide – ‘The Cabbage Clan’s Rising Star’, an article on kale that highlights Diana’s kale blog www.365DayofKale.com plus includes Dick’s delicious recipe for Dr. Dick’s Kale Slaw.
- BreastCancer.org – “Garlic is good: Should you be eating more?” posted on 2.22.13 (Note: Diana is on the Scientific Advisory Board for this organization)